Lindsey Anderson, owner and sommelier of Uvae Kitchen and Wine Bar in Andersonville shares her favorite wines for cooking.
Anderson will be sharing the following wines:
- Sparkling Rosé: To lighten/sweeten savory dishes, $15 to $30.
- Sancerre/Sauvignon Blanc: For seafood dishes, $20 to $40.
- Soave: For dishes with heavy, cream-based sauces, $20 to $40.
- Sherry: For hearty, earthy dishes, $20 to $30.
- Port: For sauces, like dessert reductions, $20 to $40.
Anderson’s choices for each wine are:
Maison Jaillance Cremant de Bordeaux Sparkling Rosé
Sparkling wine is perfect for drinking at any part of the meal. It’s light, refreshing and easy drinking makes it the perfect wine to start off the meal and it’s a nice sipper while prepping for guests. I prefer cooking with a dry rosé, so you can adjust the sweetness based on what you’re cooking. A simple, no hassle starter would be a rosé gelee accoutrement to