“Chopped Junior” star dies at 17

A teen chef who won an episode of Food Network’s “Chopped Junior” has died at the age of 17. Fuller Goldsmith died on Tuesday after a long battle with leukemia. Saturday would be his 18th birthday, WIAT, a CBS affiliate in Birmingham, Alabama, reports.

Goldsmith appeared on “Chopped Junior,” a kid’s cooking competition, in 2017 when he was 14 and went on to win his episode. He also appeared on the first season of the similar NBC-Universal show, “Top Chef Junior,” that same year. 

He was first diagnosed with leukemia when he was three, but was in remission for four years. The cancer returned this year, and he took a turn for the worst this week, his dad Scott Goldsmith told WIAT.  “He got tired and was ready to go,” his dad said.

Since he was 4 years old, Goldsmith knew he wanted to be a chef. After winning “Chopped

Read More

Bobby Flay Is Leaving the Food Network After 27 Years: Report

Kitchen’s closed. Bobby Flay is cutting ties with the Food Network after nearly 30 years on the channel.

Shocking TV Exits Through the Years

Read article

The 56-year-old celebrity chef had been working on putting together a new contract with the network, according to a Variety report published on Thursday, October 7. Flay’s current three-year contract is set to expire at the end of the year, but negotiations to re-up won’t continue, per the outlet.

The Gato owner got his start on the Food Network in 1994, quickly becoming a household name. He’s been the face of several popular series, including Beat Bobby Flay, Grillin’ and Chillin’ and Brunch at Bobby’s, with a total of 16 shows and specials under his belt. The New Yorker has also served as a judge on The Next Food Network Star and The Next Iron Chef.

Bobby Flay Is Leaving the Food Network After 27 Years: Report

Bobby Flay Food Network

In 2017,

Read More