Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Complete Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with a lot of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and lower into chunk sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to style
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons clean sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper ahead of spreading out in a one layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until eventually tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing 50 percent way by way of.
- Meanwhile, cook the butter in a smaller saucepan in excess of medium heat until it starts off to flip a nice hazelnut brown before removing it from the warmth and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Option: Add 1 compact onion. (You can both slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook it in the butter.)
Option: Incorporate 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter combination, soon after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some extra sweetness and flavour.
Option: Insert a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter combination immediately after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Solution: Insert a pinch of red pepper flakes together with the garlic and sage.
Choice: Change the sage with thyme.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Choice: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on when continue to warm.