This no-bake chocolate slice is every chocolate lover’s dream. It’s rich, fudgy, and unapologetically chocolatey!
If you are not much of a baker but still enjoy homemade sweets, then this chocolate slice recipe is what you should try next. Made with plain chocolate cookies, oats, dark chocolate, and peanut butter, this chocolate slice turns out sweet, luscious, and so delicious!
Why this recipe works
- Easy and quick. Chocolate slice is the perfect dessert to make if you have leftover chocolate cookies and it doesn’t even matter if they are homemade or not. And while this chocolate slice may take a couple of hours to fully set, making it takes a matter of minutes.
- Only 6 ingredients. Unlike most dessert recipes that have a long list of dry and wet ingredients, this chocolate slice recipe only calls for a couple of everyday ingredients.
- No bake recipe. The best part about this chocolate dessert is that it requires no baking. So, there is no room for error even for those who think baking is not their strong suit.
What I love about this recipe is just how versatile it is! You can serve them at events and parties or make a batch for a cheeky dessert!
This rich and fudgy chocolate slice is made with a few simple ingredients. Here’s everything you will need.
- Oats. I use rolled oats for this recipe as they create a chewy texture.
- Chocolate cookies. Plain chocolate cookies crushed to a fine crumb.
- Sugar. Use confectioner’s sugar for this recipe as it melts a lot easier than granulated sugar.
- Dark chocolate. Finely chopped.
- Peanut butter. To add sweetness and help bind ingredients.
- Butter. Unsalted.
For the topping:
- Dark chocolate. As the slice is already pleasantly sweet, using dark chocolate has a fantastic contrast.
- Peanut butter. When combined with the melted chocolate, it creates an almost fudge-like texture (like we used for our keto fudge).
- Flaky sea salt. Sprinkle over the chocolate slices to decorate them. Salt also enhances the flavor of chocolate.
How to make a chocolate slice
This chocolate slice recipe doesn’t require any baking which means that it is a breeze to make. Here is how you make this rich chocolate dessert in just a few steps.
Step 1- Prepare the chocolate base
Put the finely chopped dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the peanut butter and butter. Microwave in 20-second intervals until fully melted. Once melted, add in the rolled oats, chocolate cookies, and confectioner’s sugar. Mix well until fully combined.
Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper. Transfer the chocolate base to the pan and distribute it evenly using a spoon. Let the bar set until firm.
Step 2- Make the topping
For the topping, add chopped dark chocolate and peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20-second intervals until fully melted and glossy.
Step 3- Set, slice, and serve
Pour the chocolate peanut butter topping over the chocolate slice and refrigerate until firm. Once frim, allow the chocolate slice to sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Then slice, sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and serve.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Use a blender or a food processor to crush the cookies into a fine powder. Crushing the cookies by hand will result in inconsistent crumbs and interfere with the final texture of the chocolate slice.
- Substitute dark chocolate with milk chocolate if you want a sweeter topping for the chocolate slice.
- Remove the chocolate slice from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for around 20 minutes before you cut it. This will prevent the chocolate coating from cracking.
- Coat your knife with cooking spray to cut perfect slices. Wipe the knife clean after each slice and apply cooking spray again before cutting another piece.
To store: As this is a no bake dessert, the bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will keep well for at least a week. If you’d like them to keep longer, store them in the refrigerator and they will keep well for at least four weeks.
To freeze: Place the slice in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More no bake dessert recipes to try
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate, peanut butter, and butter. Melt in 20-second increments until melted.
Stir in the rolled oats, chocolate cookies, and confectioners sugar.
Transfer the mixture into a lined 8 x 8-inch pan. Let the bar base set until firm.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth and glossy. Pour over the top of the chocolate slice and refrigerate until firm.
Once firm, let it sit at room temperature before slicing and serving.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 28g
The Ridiculously Easy way to make scones – 10 fabulous scone recipes!
Sausage Pancake Muffins – Plain Chicken
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff (best on the internet!)