Most of you must have tried the Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup in your drinks. If you are a fan of its taste, then try making this cinnamon dolce syrup recipe at home. It is easy to make and is just a perfect drink for the festive season.
The smell of cinnamon is too refreshing. If you are a lover of cinnamon taste, then this cinnamon dolce syrup recipe is for you. It is too easy to make and can easily mix with most of your favorite recipes.
Anybody with cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and vanilla extract at home can try this recipe. You can easily buy it from the shop, but homemade things are always special (and less expensive).
So if you are ready to make this syrup, read this article. In this article, we are going to guide you properly about how to make this syrup. Along with it, we will also tell you about the equipment needed as well as its nutritional value.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Dolce Syrup?
- Saucepan – Just like all other syrup recipes, we need a good saucepan to make this recipe.
- Strainer – A good strainer will ensure that our syrup is clean and devoid of any leftover ingredients.
- Spoon – The recipe requires a lot of stirring, so we need a long-handled spoon.
- Heat-Proof Container – Once the syrup is prepared, we need to move it to a good heat-proof container to cool it down.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Dolce Syrup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Dolce Syrup?
- Water – Just like any other syrup, water forms the base of this syrup. Hence take one cup of water.
- Granulated Sugar – Cinnamon syrup has a sweet taste to it, and the sugar we add to it is responsible for that. Therefore, for 1 cup of water, take 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Brown Sugar – Even though we are adding enough granulated sugar, brown sugar brings in more color and caramelized flavor to the recipe. Therefore we require ¼ cup of light brown sugar for this recipe.
- Cinnamon Stick – Cinnamon dolce, as you can imagine, is just another sugar syrup without cinnamon. For this recipe, we need two cinnamon sticks. You can also try adding cinnamon powder if you still need cinnamon sticks.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla is what brings the real taste of the recipe. To highlight the cinnamon flavor and to give a slight vanilla taste, we need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Steps To Make Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
1. Make A Sugar Solution
The first step towards making cinnamon dolce syrup is to make a simple sugar solution. For this, take a pan and add 1 cup of water to 1 cup of granulated sugar. Put them on heat and add ¼ cup of brown sugar into them. Let it all boil.
2. Add Extracts
Once the sugar is completely dissolved, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.
3. Add Cinnamon Sticks
Into the sugar syrup, and add crushed cinnamon sticks. Simmer it for 10 minutes to get the best taste of cinnamon. You can always use cinnamon powder if you don’t have cinnamon sticks. However, if possible, try to find cinnamon sticks.
4. Allow It To Cool Down
Now that syrup is ready, allow it to cool down for some time. Let it sit there for at least thirty minutes.
5. Strain & Serve The Syrup
Once the syrup is completely cooled down, strain it remove all the cinnamon pieces, and place it in a container. Cinnamon dolce syrup is ready to use.
|Total Sugar||10 g|
How Will The Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Look And Taste Like?
Cinnamon dolce syrup has a golden color and looks similar to normal sugar. You cannot differentiate it from common sugar syrup if you don’t taste or smell it. If you love a touch of spices in your food, then cinnamon dolce syrup is something you must have in your refrigerator.
Be it a hot cup of steaming tea or a glass of cold coffee, you can pour one or two teaspoons of cinnamon dolce syrup into it to make it more special.
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe
Cinnamon dolce syrup recipe is one of the easiest recipes we can try at home. It just needs a couple of ingredients and can be cooked within minutes. If you are someone who enjoys the taste of cinnamon in your beverages, cinnamon dolce syrup is something you should try this holiday.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Into the pan, mix an equal amount of water and sugar and make the sugar solution.
Once sugar is completely dissolved in the pan, add vanilla and almond extract into it.
Reduce the heat, add cinnamon sticks or crushed cinnamon, and simmer it for another 10 minutes. Once the mixture starts to thicken, bring it off the heat.
Allow it to cool for some time. Once the mixture is cooled off completely, strain it and remove the cinnamon sticks from it.
Your cinnamon dolce syrup is ready to serve.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Sugar: 10g
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is cinnamon dolce syrup made of?
Cinnamon dolce syrup is made of cinnamon sticks, sugar, and vanilla extract.
How do you make cinnamon syrup?
Cinnamon dolce syrup is made by cooking sugar syrup along with cinnamon sticks and vanilla extract.
What is the cinnamon dolce flavor?
Cinnamon dolce syrup has the flavor of cinnamon sticks.
Does cinnamon Dolce taste like cinnamon?
Yes. Cinnamon dolce has the flavor of cinnamon sticks.
Cinnamon dolce syrup is extremely easy to make, and everyone should try this at home this holiday season. It just needs a couple of ingredients and can be cooked within a few minutes. If you try our recipe, come and let us know how much you enjoyed it!
The Ridiculously Easy way to make scones – 10 fabulous scone recipes!
Sausage Pancake Muffins – Plain Chicken
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff (best on the internet!)